The directions I use to make a baked potato were obtained from The Purposed Heart.
Here's what you need to do:
1. Preheat your oven to 400F.
2. Scrub the spuds.
3. Poke the potatoes with a fork all over the place.
4. Rub with EVOO.
5. Sprinkle with coarse salt. (I used sea salt, but Kosher would be cool.)
6. Take the tubers and place them directly on the oven rack. If you wanna get fancy, stick a pan on the rack underneath to catch any oozy bits.
7. Bake for 45-60 min, or until a fork can poke the potato with very little resistance.
8. Split the tater open and load it up with your favorite toppings!