Monday, October 20, 2014

30 Days of Pumpkin-Day Nineteen: Small Pumpkin Cobbler

I've made two variations of this Pumpkin Cobbler before.  Both recipes called for condensed milk and cake mix.  The first recipe of this type of dish I used a yellow cake mix and eggs.  The second time I made this dish the recipe didn't call for eggs, and I used a caramel cake mix.

This time around I used the eggless version of the recipe.  The recipe from Mel's Kitchen Cafe also stated that you could use regular milk in place of the condensed milk so I thought I'd give that a try as well.

I had 1 1/2 c of a boxed white cake mix so I halved the recipe and made it in an 8x8 pan.  I also opted to swap out the white sugar for brown sugar.  I think the flavors of molasses in the brown sugar married nicely with the pumpkin and cinnamon in the recipe.


I think I prefer the slightly less sweet version with regular milk.  The sweet that you lose from the condensed milk you can replace with yummy yummy ice or whipped cream!


Small Pumpkin Cobbler adapted from Mel's Kitchen Cafe
3/4 c pumpkin
1/2 c milk
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 t vanilla
1/2 t cinnamon
1 1/2 c boxed white cake mix
1/2 c chopped pecans, toasted
1/2 c melted salted butter

Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray 8x8 pan. In med bowl, mix pumpkin thru cinnamon til well combined. Pour mix into prepared pan.  Sprinkle cake mix and pecans evenly over top. Drizzle spoonfuls of melted butter over top of cake mix, trying to cover the entire surface with melted butter.  Bake 1 hr, til top golden brown.  Let stand 15 min before serving. Serve warm or cold with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!