Friday, October 17, 2014

30 Days of Pumpkin-Day Sixteen: Cheater Pumpkin Cider

I got the idea for this cider over at She Knows.  I think I did an excellent job of completely butchering the recipe!  The original recipe calls for real apple cider and a whole cinnamon stick, two things of which I had neither of.

Occasionally, I'll add a bit of butter and brown sugar to apple cider for a caramel-y twist.  I thought it'd be a great addition to this drink as well.

Finally, the last change I made to this recipe was omitting the rum.  The only kind of Rum we have is Malibu.  That's not exactly the type of flavor combination I was striving for!


If you're into a caramel-y pumpkin-y apple cider, but are short on time, this is the drink for you!

Cheater Pumpkin Spice Cider for One adapted loosely from She Knows
1 packet of Alpine Spiced Apple Cider
1/4 c pumpkin puree
1 1/2 c water
1 T butter
2 T brown sugar
3/4 t pumpkin pie spice

Place all ingredients in small pan and heat until all ingredients are combined and warmed.  Top with Whipped cream if you're feelin' fancy.  Makes two small coffee cups or one giant mega mug.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!