Friday, October 31, 2014

30 Days of Pumpkin-Day Thirty: Pumpkin Chip-o-riffic Cookies

Well, we're finally here!  Day thirty! Whoohoo! 

I almost didn't think I was going to make it.  This last recipe had me totally stumped.  Then, I stumbled upon these babies while meandering through Target.

via

I think I squeeled a little in the store when I saw them.

So I made an adaptation of a recipe I saw on Family Fresh Meals.  They were yummy warm from the oven, but even better chilled, and eaten straight from the freezer.

Pumpkin Oatmeal Chippers adapted from Family Fresh Meals
2 c flour
1 t baking soda
1 t  cinnamon
2 t pumpkin pie spice
1/2 t salt
1 c butter
1 c sugar
1 c brown sugar
1 c pumpkin puree
1 egg
1 T vanilla
1 c semi sweet chocolate chips 1 c pumpkin spice chips
2 c rolled oats

Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Set aside. Beat butter, sugar and br sugar til creamed. Add pumpkin, egg and vanilla. Gradually add dry to wet.Add oats and chips.  Use large cookie scoop to portion out dough.  I chilled my dough in the freezer for 1 hour, because it seemed a bit sticky.  This will help prevent your cookies from spreading too much.  Bake 15-17 min.  Cookies should appear slightly underdone in the middle.  Store in the freezer for optimum goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!