Wednesday, March 9, 2011

'11 Happy Dance #1 and #2: Patchy Pants Revisited

Way back in September, Blockette's favorite pants developed holes in the knees. It was a tragedy of epic proportions. So I patched them up and they were thusly dubbed the patchy pants. Blockette just rocketed up a few inches in her legs, but not her waist. (Lil Miss No Butt.) Those patchy pants were in danger of becoming high water pants, and not in a good way.

I found a tutorial to add a ruffle on the blog From An Igloo. It was a lot easier than I thought. I had to make things more difficult by using a fabric with a stripe pattern. Amazingly, the stripes matched up at the seam! I'm still not sure how I managed to finagle that one. So, the Patchy Pants became even cooler until...I patched up and ruffled another "high water" pair of jeans. The Patchy Pants have been down graded to the second coolest pants. The Superstar pants are now at the top of the pants hierarchy. You can't quite tell, but there are 3 appliqued stars on the leg. The largest star is the one covering up a tiny developing hole. I lucked out with these stars. My best friend gave me some craft supplies she didn't want and these stars were part of a quilting applique kit. I think they look better on the pants than they would have on the quilt.

Just try to take a picture of her in these pants in any other pose than the one above. I dare you. I do not think it is possible. Seriously. I took 12 pictures. Every time was a different pose until the shutter clicked. Oh well. When you are a Superstar, I guess you just gotta work it. Here is a close up of the ruffle on the Superstar pants. I love this fabric. Again...fabric with a stripe. Apparently I am a glutton for punishment.

Hopefully, fingers crossed, both of these pants will last her through the end of the spring. I'm not sure what we are going to do once she outgrows either of these funky pants. Maybe I will relocate to a different country, or planet. I hear Jupiter is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!