Monday, April 27, 2009

Blue cheese BBQ chicken pasta

I made Blue cheese bbq chicken pasta for dinner a while ago but have not gotten around to posting about it. I didn't take a picture of this because, imo even if you are a great food photographer (which I am not) one tomato based pasta dish looks like the next.

I had been hesitant to make this because Mrblocko is not a big fan of blue cheese. I, on the other hand, really like blue cheese. I thought, well Mrblocko, tough toenails, and I stuck my tongue out at him/made sure I had a frozen pizza on hand just in case. Keeping that in mind, how is it that Mrblocko liked this dish more than I did? I thought the dish had an extremely strong blue cheese flavor and was overly sweet. I'm chalking these results up to the fact that I took a short cut and used pre-made spaghetti sauce instead of making my own marinara. I also used Bullseye bbq sauce which I used to love, but I guess my taste buds have changed again. If Mrblocko convinces me to make this again, I will use a smokier flavored bbq sauce, make my own marinara, and use pre-crumbled blue cheese. I think the pre-crumbled stuff that comes in the plastic containers has a much milder flavor than the blue cheese I bought in brick form.


Barbecued Chicken Pasta with Blue and Parmesan Cheeses from Dinners for a Year and Beyond
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
6 shallots, chopped
4 large garlic cloves, chopped
2 large chicken breast, grilled, smothered in bbq sauce, chopped in small pieces
3/4 cup marinara sauce
3/4 cup barbecue sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
couple dashes hot sauce
2 small tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup blue cheese, plus more for sprinkling
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, plus more for sprinkling
1/2 pound fettuccine, cooked and drained

Heat a large pan to med high. Add butter and oil. When butter is melt and bubbling, add shallots and cook for 4-5 min or til starting to caramelize. Add garlic and cook 1 min. Add chicken and toss to coat with shallot mixt. Add marinara sauce, barbecue sauce, salt, hot sauce, and tomatoes. Toss to coat. Stir in blue and Parmesan cheeses. Add pasta and toss to coat. To serve, top pasta with more blue and Parmesan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!