Tuesday, April 7, 2009

What's in a name?

When I was a little girl my mom liked to try out new recipes she found in magazines and newspapers. If we didn't have the ingredients the recipe called for my mom would find a substitute. Some of those substitutions were creative to say the least. The joke in the house growing up was, "This recipe calls for Apples. We don't have any apples, but we do have tomatoes. They're both red!"

Now that I'm grown and cooking for a family of my own I too love to try out new recipes. Although, instead of print media I get all my recipes from blogs. (OK, so I'm addicted to Food blogs.) I thought it would be fun to have a place to comment on all the recipes, disasters and successes, that I've found on the interweb. I'll probably include some crafty type stuff too...should I ever get around to actually finishing something.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to Blogland! I think a recipe critique blog is a great idea! good job!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!