Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Pizza Spaghetti

Wow! The creativity of my post titles are astounding aren't they? This is a bit hit with the Blockette. I like to make a double batch and freeze half. Here is my doubled version.
Pizza spaghetti adapted from http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Pizza-Spaghetti
1 lb gr beef
1 lb italian sweet turkey sausage removed from casings
1 cup chopped onion
1 29oz can tomato sauce
1 jar spaghetti sauce (you could use another can of tomato sauce and increase the spices)
6 oz pepperoni, halved, quartered or some of each
1 tsp dried basil (4 tsp fresh)
1 tsp dried oregano (4 tsp fresh)
1 tsp fennel seed
1 box of pasta (or 1/2 box if you are going to freeze half the sauce for later)
Shredded mozzerella and/or parmesean cheese to garnish

In a large non stick skillet, brown ground meat and onions. Drain the fat. Stir in the tomato/pasta sauce, pepperoni and spices. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered 20-25 minutes until thickened. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti. Drain pasta, toss with sauce. Top with cheese.

Blockette and I had No Knead Bread with this. You can see a half slice in the wonky photo above. I don't have a better picture because this was the last slice in the loaf. You can find the no knead bread recipe here: http://steamykitchen.com/blog/2007/09/10/no-knead-bread-revisited I'll take a photo of the whole loaf next time I make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!