Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Dry Rub for Pork

I'm a sucker for free stuff. A while back I signed up to get a free sample of
Jerry's All Purpose Seasoning Without MSG. I thought it the best way to test it out would be as a dry rub for pork chops. It was OK, but VERY salty. I think I will stick with making my own. So far my favorite dry rub is from the Food Network's Good Eats . I never seem to make it the same way twice. Somehow, I'm always just short or missing one of the ingredients. I just pick a spice I have enough of and increase it by the missing amount. No matter how I try to mess it up with substitutions it has always turned out delicious.

Alton Brown's Dry Rub from Food Network's Good Eats

8 tablespoons light brown sugar, tightly packed
3 tablespoons kosher salt
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon jalapeno seasoning
1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon rubbed thyme
1/2 teaspoon onion powder

Mix all the ingredients together and store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!