Friday, April 24, 2009

Weed or What?

Something is growing in my garden and I have no idea what it is. Last year my mom helped me start up a garden in our boring bare front yard. I planted perennials toward the back, herbs on one side and annuals in the front and side closest to the sidewalk.This little guy is growing near the sidewalk in the area where I planted the annuals. I don't think I got a mutant annual that decided to come back. I'm pretty sure that I had either Zinnias or marigolds in this spot, and this looks nothing like it. I haven't yanked it out yet just on the odd chance it's not a weed. Anyone have any clue what this mystery plant is?

1 comment:

  1. Well my uncle, the plant guru, tells me this plant was a weed, most likely in the mint family. I yanked it out this morning and am inclined to agree. It had the longest root ever, almost as long as the 2 maple tree sprouts that magically appeared after it rained this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!