Sunday, August 7, 2011

Asian Grilled Chicken

More marinade! Can you really have enough marinade recipes? Of course not. Have I mentioned how much I love summer? And the fact that my husband loves to grill. I look forward to the weekends so much because it means I don't have to heat up the house. Sometimes I even have him grill up enough meat for us on the weekends so I don't have to turn the oven on all week. Yeah. That's what I'm talkin bout Wilis.

Anyhow, today's featured recipe is called Asian Grilled Chicken from Not Rachael Ray. I forgot to take a picture again. I'm enjoying being lazy in the kitchen so it is extra easy to forget to lug that heavy heavy camera all the way down that half flight of stairs from the computer room. I hope you can feel my pain.

I have no idea the weight of the meat I used. I just used 3 enormous freakishly mutant chicken breasts and halved the recipe. I also pounded the chicken flat, cut it into strips, and wove them onto bamboo skewers.

I know you are supposed to soak the skewers before you use them. I don't anymore. I've forgotten one too many times to do this and only the very tips of the skewers get charred. This doesn't bother me and saves me from having to remember one more step in the kitchen. Remember I mentioned grilling season is lazy time for me in the kitchen?  I'm just letting you know that it is ok for you to be lazy too.

Asian Grilled Chicken from Not Rachael Ray
Two 14 oz. cans of chicken broth
6 Tbsp light soy sauce (reduced sodium)
3 Tbsp white vinegar
3 tsp white sugar
2 tsp garlic powder
¾ tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp freshly grated ginger
2.5-3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast

Mix all ingredients except chicken in a bowl. Place chicken in zip top bag. Pour marinade in bag and place in refrigerator for at least 4hours (I put my bag in a pan or bowl just in case of leakage). Grill over medium direct heat until juices run clear and chicken is cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!