Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Raw Oatmeal Pumpkin Cookie Dough

Sick of pumpkin yet? 

Not me! 

 I'm still going strong, rockin my stylish orange glow.

That's why I made these no bake pumpkin oatmeal cookies from Chocolate Covered Katie.  Gotta maintain the Snookie-esque hue.  Plus, I wanted something sweet to eat!

Because now that Christmas is over, we can't possibly eat Christmas cookies!

Actually, I made these before Thanksgiving...I'm only about a month behind on my posting.  Better late than never eh?

I didn't have any quick cook oats and the time, so I used Old Fashioned, or Rolled oats instead.  I was also too lazy to whip out the food processor to make my own so I just used regular flour.  I think it turned out great.  If you use regular flour, you won't need as much liquid to make the dough come together.

These little cookie dough balls were great when I needed a snack or wanted something sweet.  Two little cookies were the perfect amount to satisfy my craving.


No Bake Pumpkin Cookie Dough Balls from Chocolate Covered Katie
  • 3/4 cup quick oats (I used old fashioned)
  • 1/2 cup oat flour (I was too lazy and used unbleached flour)
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 cup xylitol or sugar (I used brown sugar)
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon 
  • optional: a pinch pumpkin pie spice (I used 1/4 t)
  • optional: handful mini chocolate chips (I left this out)
  • 1/3 cup canned pumpkin (or sweet potato puree)
  • 1 tablespoon oil (I used veg oil, but they would set up better if you used coconut oil)
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 2 to 2 1/2 tablespoons milk of choice, as needed (add this last if your dough isn't coming together.)
Combine all dry ingredients and stir very well. In a separate bowl, combine all liquid (including pumpkin). Then stir to combine, and form into balls or cookies. Or put in the fridge to firm up a little before forming cookies. (I used a small cookie scooper so the dough would be relatively uniform in size.  The dough is quite sticky, so I rolled them with wet hands.  I kept mine in the freezer.  They were just soft enough to bite into without breaking off a tooth or cracking your jaw.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!