Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Cauliflower corn and cucumber salad

I made this for a gathering that we wound up not going to because Teenblock got influenza that turned into pneumonia.  Teenblock said that shirts should be given out that say I survived the flu of 2017-2018.  anyhow, this recipe was ok. I had an issue with the red peppers triggering my heartburn, so maybe I'd have to think about what to add instead if i make it again. It really needs something red for color. Fresh corn off the cob would make this dish even better.  I'm also thinking feta and walnuts would be a tasty addition. Then again my taste buds are off from this stupid head cold.

Cauliflower Corn and Cucumber Salad via Valentina's corner
2 cups cauliflower florets
2 small cucumbers english style and leave the skins on
1/2 red pepper I used roasted
2-3 green onions
1 (15 oz) can corn, drained I only had frozen, but if i can i will use fresh off the cob.
1/3 - 1/2 cup mayonnaise I used salt and pepper olive oil mayo
Fresh dill, optional
Salt and pepper, to taste

Cut cauliflower into sm florets. Slice cucumber in thin slices. Cube red pepper. Thinly chop gr onions. Drain corn. Mix everything. Add mayo, salt and pepper to taste, mix well. Add fresh dill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!