Sunday, February 25, 2018

Marshmallow fruit salad

Aka Hawaiian salad.
aka Rainbow marshmellow fruity floof

My bestie Amy asked me to make marshmellow rainbow salad and this is what I came up with.  It's a combo of a few recipes so im not listing a link to any particular site.

Teenblock said this was gross and Mrblocko refused to try it.  Their loss.

Hawaiian Salad
8 oz cool whip (this is a small container)
1/2 c sour cream (I wanted to use coconut flavored Icelandic yogurt called Skyr but it was sold out)
1 c shredded sweetened coconut
1 11-oz can mandarin oranges, drained
1 8-oz can pineapple chunks, drained (I wished I had used tidbits)
1 small jar maraschino cherries, drained and pat dry with paper towels
3/4 cup chopped pecans (i used unsalted)
2 heaping cups rainbow fruity marshmellows

In a large bowl, fold together cool whip and sour cream. Fold in remaining toppings.  Chill.  Is best if you can make a day ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!