Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Artichoke Crusted Chicken

I made this Artichoke Crusted Chicken from Sugarlaws out of food boredom.  We'd been eating a lot of variations on burgers or pasta with red sauce lately.  I thought I should switch up the meal plan and throw some chicken in there. 

Of course, I saw this as an opportunity to test out a new chicken recipe.  Why not?

This was the first time Blockette had artichokes.  Although she discovered she did not like them, she was a very big girl about it and didn't whine or complain.  (Hooray!)  Because she was such a trooper, I told her that when we had the leftovers, I would let her scrape off the artichokes.

The thing was, I didn't particularly care for the artichokes either.  When it came down to eating the leftovers, I scraped off the cheesey artichoke topping, chopped up the chicken and tossed it into a jazzed up pot of ramen.  

Both Blockette and I had no complaints about eating the leftovers like this.  The one great thing about this recipe is how moist it made the chicken.  The chicken was not even a tiny bit dry from reheating it in the noodle-y soup broth. 

Mrblocko ate his artichoke chicken cold and said he liked it.  Maybe he is a bigger fan of artichokes than Blockette and I are.  Then again, maybe he was just really hungry.

If you'd like to test this recipe out yourself, here you go.  This recipe serves two.

Artichoke crusted chicken from Sugarlaws
2 six-ounce chicken breasts, pounded thin
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup artichoke hearts, drained and chopped (I used canned artichoke hearts, but frozen ones that have been thawed would be fine)
1/3 cup grated white cheddar cheese
Salt
Pepper

Salt and pepper the chicken and sauté the chicken in oil on medium-high heat, for 6 minutes on each side. Mix together the mayonnaise, artichoke hearts and cheddar cheese until evenly distributed.  Spread the mixture over the sauteed chicken breasts, and then broil on high until the cheese is melty and bubbling.  (Anywhere from 3-9 minutes) Do not take your eyes off them — broiling can lead to burning faster than you can imagine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!