Friday, October 5, 2012

Pinterest fact or fiction 6: Armpit stains

Normally, I'm not a sweater. My m.o. is to get hot, clammy and then pass out. You can imagine my surprise when I started my job as a crossing guard and I came home dripping with sweat. I was happy to be sweating because it meant that I wasn't passed out in the middle of the street from heat exhaustion.

What I wasn't too happy about was what the sweat did to my shirt.

Ew!  Nasty yellow armpit stains.

So unlady like!

A pin from One good thing by Jillee claims that if you take one part Dawn dish soap, and two parts hydrogen peroxide, with a sprinkle of baking soda, all your yellow armpit woes will be vanquished.

So I tried it.



The stain is lighter, but still there.  I'd say it's not exactly the miracle it claimed to be.

2 comments:

  1. I also scrubbed that in with an old toothbrush and my results were very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I tried that as well, with the same results as above. I must have super stainy sweat or something!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!