Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Sept Cross Stitch

Just a wee bit of stitching on some wee little designs.

This design is Snowy Night by Prairie Schooler, from 2008 Just Cross Stitch Ornament magazine. It was stitched over one on 25 ct off white fabric.  I had stitched the design before many years ago as a gift, but that one was on black fabric.  I was surprised how much of the white fabric shows through the stitches.  It's less noticeable in person because the actual design is so small.


This design is Sugar Plums  by Country Cottage, from 2009 Just Cross Stitch Ornament Magazine.  It is also stitched over one on cream 25 count fabric.  I changed the color of the pillow from bright white to a more muted cream.  The white just looked to garish against the antique-y feel of the fabric.  I also changed the lacey border from white to a greyish periwinkle blue.  I thought about changing it to the same cream that I used for the pillows but it didn't stand out enough for my liking.  Of course I didn't write the color down that I used because I was forgetful and lazy.


This last design is the top part of When Witches Go Riding by Prairie Schooler.  I have plans to make this into a bookmark some day.  I used: GAST espresso bean for the black, Crescent colors lobster claw for the orange, GAST Butternut squash for the yellow, and WDW Monkey Grass for the small "x"s in the border.  I used a scrap of 28 (I think) count linen that my lovely friend Julie gave me.  (I asked her if she had any leftover scraps from completed projects and she gave me this huge bag of stuff.  Jackpot!  Whoohoo!)

 That's it for the month.  Maybe I'll eventually get around to finishing these projects into ornaments and a bookmark in the not too distant future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!