Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Cheater Cheese Danish

I made these cheater cheese danish for a church breakfast a few weeks ago. Boy were they ever ugly! Tasty, but ugly. I found the recipe at Real Mom Kitchen. They look a lot nicer over on her site. I used Pillsbury Grand's Jr for the biscuits. The Biscuits poofed up so much that the majority of them came unsealed. Mrblocko had the brilliant idea of using toothpicks to hold them together. That worked splendidly. Once the biscuits cooled I was able to remove the toothpicks and the danish stayed closed.

The next time I make these I will use a generic brand canned biscuit. They tend to not get so voluminous as they bake. I think I will also try a few with a cream cheese and strawberry jelly.

click here for the recipe.
Philly Cheese Rolls from Real Mom Kitchen
2 cans refrigerator biscuits (the small size with 10 in a can)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
8 oz block Philadelphia cream cheese, cut into 20 pieces
3 TBS butter

Preheat oven to 400*. In small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Open biscuits and place all 20 biscuits on a plate, to create assembly line. Flatten biscuit, place 1/2 t cinnamon sugar mix in center of biscuit followed by a piece of cream cheese. Then bring one side over the other and seal, pinching sides together. Place on a greased cookie sheet, 2-3" apart. REPEAT. Once all rolled up, sprinkle a little more cinnamon sugar on tops. Cut butter into small pats, and place a pat on top of each roll. (You’ll have some leftover cinnamon sugar. Just save it for cinnamon toast) Bake at 400* for 12-15 min, til golden brown. Serve warm, or at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!