Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Cinnamon Roll Tastin' Pancakes

I think I've stated on this blog at least once that I am not a pancake sorta girl. Nine times out of 10 I'll even take an Eggo over a homemade pancake. I just likes em better that is all. That being said, sapeylissy's cinnamon bun pancakes posted on Tasty Kitchen were a total winner in my book.

Tasty Kitchen is a website started up by pioneer woman . The purpose of the site was to provide a community where people can submit their favorite recipes. It's similar to recipe sites like recipezaar or allrecipes. Tasty Kitchen is still on the new side so there aren't as many recipes, but I tend to check there first when searching for a particular food to make.

Tasty kitchen often has a featured recipe. The cinnamon bun pancakes were one of them. Pioneer woman even wrote about them on her blog. She added her own recipe for maple butter icing for pancakes. There was some sort of computer glitch and I couldn't find the icing recipe online when I made the cinnamon bun pancakes. I'm sure the icing makes them taste even more like a cinnamon bun. I am here to assure you, that the pancakes taste every bit as delicious with plain old Log Cabin fakey fake maple syrup.

I was surprised at how fluffy these pancakes were. They rose quite a bit on the skillet. Sometimes the lofty pancakes wind up undercooked in the middle. Either this recipe is that good, or I am much better at making pancakes than my last attempt.

These pancakes were gobbled up before I had a chance to snap a pic. The Blocko bellies said that they looked as good as they tasted. You'll have to take our word for it.

One last thing, I didn't have any corn syrup. Since I had good results swapping out the corn syrup with honey when I made cinnamon roll caramel corn last month, I did it again with these pancakes. I couldn't taste the honey at all so that tells me it was a good substitution.

Cinnamon Bun Pancakes from Tasty Kitchen
1-½ cup All-purpose Flour
3 Tablespoons White Sugar
½ teaspoons Salt
4 teaspoons Baking Powder
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
2 whole Eggs Beaten
1 cup Milk
2 Tablespoons Corn Syrup
¼ cups Butter, Melted
1 Tablespoon Vanilla

In med bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and cinnamon with whisk. Whisk well to make sure everything is combined. In separate large bowl, beat eggs, milk, corn syurp, butter and vanilla. Stir in flour mix. Heat lightly oiled griddle/frying pan over med/low heat. Pour 1/4 c batter on griddle. Brown on both sides. Serve warm with icing drizzled over top.

Maple Butter icing
1 cup Powdered Sugar
¼ cups Butter, Melted
Dash Of Salt
1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
¼ cups Whole Milk (more If Needed)

Whisk all ingredients til smooth, adding more milk as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!