Sunday, September 18, 2011

11' Happy Dance #23: Bias tape on Embroidery Hoop

I have been wrangling with this embroidery hoop for probably 15 years. I had heard a while ago that you get a much nicer tension on your fabric if you wrap the hoop with bias tape.  I finally up and did this after being reminded of this (again) on Stitching Away.
How sad is it that it's taken me years and years of fighting with the hoop, and 15 minutes of wrapping the hoop to solve the problem?  Sheesh. 
I used this weird looking Christmas themed bias tape my mom gave me a while ago.  I know she had it for years and years.  I'm not sure what it has originally been purchased for, but I had no clue what I was going create from it.  It's nice to know that I found a use for at least part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!