Saturday, September 10, 2011

Hair Band Wrangling

Since Blockette has been allowing me to braid and style her hair on a semi-regular basis, the little hair bands have been an ever increasing problem. Once upon a time I kept all the hair accessories in a plastic storage drawer thingie in the bathroom. Then, last year, we had a huge problem with earwigs in our bathroom.  So almost everything in the bathroom migrated to various other locations throughout the house.  This year did not have me earwigging out, but I never really put everything back where it was originally.  I mean what if they come back like that again next year?!  Ew!

Fixing Blockette's hair in the morning required me to remember to get the hair bands from the storage box in my closet.  This shouldn't have been a big deal, except I would frequently realize I had forgotten the hair binders once I had already started braiding.  Doh!

So what I started doing was leaving a few hair ties in the bathroom medicine cabinet.  But the little suckers liked to migrate around in there.  It seemed like I could never find them when I wanted them.  Then there was the problem of what if I needed 3 bands for the hair style I was doing, and there were only 2 in the bathroom.  Or if I broke one?  I was back to my original problem mentioned earlier.

Then, I saw this idea for Hair ties on Carabiner from Lifehacker. Hooray!  Nice and neat and easy to find when I need them.  I sure wish I'd thought of this first.

1 comment:

  1. So glad this helped you! Those rubber bands have a way of taking over everything. -- Asha (Parent Hacks)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!