Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Flashback Double Chocolate Banana Muffins

Talk about a blast from the past.  I was going through junk on my computer, when I came across some pictures of Blockette back when she was two, before I started this wee little blog.

It was December 2007 and Mrblocko had gone away for a week long training, I think in St. Louis. At the time, I remember thinking, "How on earth was I going to manage being alone for a whole week with Blockette?"  Even if Mrblocko would get home after Blockette had gone to bed, I would always talk to him about my day to decompress. Sure I got to talk to him every night, but it wasn't the same as having him there.  Especially when I would remember I had just one more thing I wanted to tell him, after I hung up the phone.  I think it was a rough week on all three of us.  Little did we all know it was just the calm before the storm.

So I had this idea to experiment with this recipe for Double Chocolate Banana Muffins that I found on Food.com.  Since Mrblocko wasn't home, I had some bananas that were on the verge of rotting away on the counter.  Blockette was still having texture issues with Bananas at the time and the thought of eating a banana by itself makes me want to hurl.  (I'm getting queasy just writing about it.) Making chocolate banana muffins just seemed like the right thing to do. 

It was. Chocolate makes everything all better.
She was a little ham for the camera even at 2.
Can I have some more please?
No, seriously.  I must have more!!!
Double Chocolate Banana Muffins from Food.com
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup baking cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips

In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine bananas, oil and egg. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups three fourths full. Bake at 350 deg F for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!