Sunday, September 25, 2011

Two Strand Twisty Braid

I saw the neatest looking braid on Girly Do's by Jenn.  It's called a two strand braid and it is awesome.  I couldn't stop thinking about it.  How it would look, how I would hold the hair while twisting and adding hair, etc.  So I just put the silly braid in Blockette's hair so I could go about my life not thinking about the two stranded twisty braid.

It turned out so much way better than I thought it would. And it didn't take any longer to do than a regular French Braid.
This is the picture you get when you are running out the door for church and realize that if you don't take a picture of the child's hair RIGHT now you will never get a picture because it could just fall out completely by the time you get home.

Blockette's hair stayed surprisingly well in this style, even after a day of being stuck inside and rolling around on the floor, and under blankets.  The next time I put this braid in, I think I will put some mousse or gel in her hair before I style it, and somehow convince Blockette to keep the hair binders on while she sleeps.  If we had done this she would have had some really cool looking waves in her hair the next day.

2 comments:

  1. Stunning! I'll bet she loved it too!

    Also, thank you for your kind words about my mom, she will be forever missed and in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually put this braid in Blockette's hair last Sun and I tried to it again, this time using mousse, but apparently Mousse and Blockette's hair equals uncooperativeness. Go figure.

    Ocean breezes- hugs again about your mom.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!