Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Skinny Taco Dip

Whoops! No picture for the skinny taco dip. I made this for a cook out at a friend's house and it was a big hit. I actually brought my camera to the party to take pictures, but did I remember to take the camera out of its case and actually take pictures?  No.  Of course not!

The recipe for Skinny taco dip can be found on Skinnytaste.com, along with a nice photo.

I altered the recipe slightly.  Here is what I did:
Mix 1 package (8oz) Neufchatel cheese with half a container of fat free sour cream (8 oz).  Stir in 1-2 cups of salsa.  (I only used 1 cup of medium pace picante because it is a bit more liquidy than regular salsa.)  Add in 1 packet of taco seasoning or 2-3 T of your own taco mix. (I used 2 T.)  Spread this mixture in a 9x13 pan.  Layer with shredded lettuce.  (I used 1/4 head of ice berg lettuce.)  Top with a layer of diced tomatoes. (I used 2 smallish sized tomatoes that I seeded to eliminate excess moisture.  Add more if you actually like tomatoes.)  Next add a layer of shredded cheese.  (I used about 1 cup of longhorn colby and 1 cup of sharp cheddar because I really like cheese.)  Add black olives on top.  (I only used a few olives because Blockette hates olives.  If I was making this just for myself I would have put the entire 2.25 oz can of black olives on top, because I really like black olives.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!