Saturday, October 22, 2011

'11 Happy Dance # 27: Chemise for Blockette

Blockette decided that she wanted to be a fairy princess for Halloween. I thought that was awesome because we already had most of what she needed for her costume.  I mean I already made her a Renaissance dress for her birthday.  All she really needed was an underdress.

I've made Renaissance shirts to wear under a bodice for myself before.  I didn't think that a dress along the same lines in Blockette's size would be too hard to whip up.

Looks pretty cool.  I used an old white sheet that had a hole in it.  I even used the top edge of the sheet so I didn't have to hem it.

Here is Blockette in her full fairy glory. (Please ignore the funky hair do. It was crazy hair day at school for spirit week.)

So the dress fits great, except for the fact that we live in Illinois.  Halloween usually requires several layers to ensure not freezing to death while one goes begging door to door for sweets.  I did not make the dress big enough for her to wear layers underneath it.  Doh!  Back into the crafting room for me.

3 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! Maybe you could make it "apron like" to wear over her clothing! Would that work? It's really lovely!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are gifted!! I will post my sewing creation for Halloween later. Let's just say it,s way easier and it's not that great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Want to feel horribly un-crafty then check this out: www.makeit-loveit.com/2011/10/halloween-cotsumes-2011-penguin-from-mary-poppins.html

    She made her kids a Mary Poppins, Bert and penguin costume. She made EVERYTHING. Cane and umbrella and all. Yikes!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!