Sunday, October 9, 2011

Bunny Free Ceiling Fan Cleaning

Ok, here is another one of those, "Duh, why didn't I think of that" tips I saw over on Lifehacker.  You can clean the blades of your ceiling fan with a pillow case!!!  You just stick a fan blade inside the pillowcase and wipe.  All the fuzz bunnies land inside the pillow case. 

This is particularly useful to me as the ceiling fan in our bedroom is directly over the bed.  There's nothing like cleaning the fan and then having to vacuum your bed because all the crud from your fan has deposited itself all over where you sleep.  I hate making more work for myself.

I've used those swiffer things and various microfiber cloths that are supposed to catch the dust with static.  Those things never quite catch all the gunk and I still wind up with grey fuzz all over my bed. 

In addition to the extra cleaning, I get a major case of the sneezes.  I cleaned both our ceiling fans without even a tickle in my nose.  Can I get a woot woot?  Yeah, I'm probably more excited about this than I should be.  I don't get out much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!