The other day I wrote about the white under dress I made for Blockette. I whipped up another one lickety split that was large enough for her to wear a coat underneath.
I had bought this fabric years and years ago, and tried to make a Roman dress out of it. It was an epic fail so I passed the whole thing onto my best friend. She made a skirt out the fabric for herself. Then a few weeks ago she cleaned out her craft room and asked me if I wanted first dibs on the fabric she was going to get rid of. In that pile was a small amount of this fabric. Turns out there was exactly enough to make this dress.
The camera did not like this fabric at all. The threads going in one direction are red and the threads going in the other are green. I guess that messes with the camera's digital something or another. You'll just have to trust me that the fabric looks really neat in person.
The wings I bought at Joann Fabrics for $4. Four Dollars! Yeah, I can swing that for a costume, especially when she is going to wear the wings over and over. Now she has 4 different pairs of fairy wings to suit her every mood. (Pink, red, blue and the autumn leaf ones)
Oh and I thought that I would add, her sash is the scarf I wore to my best friend's wedding. It is perfect since I have no intention of making her another over dress or bodice before Halloween.