Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Cooking Cream Pasta Bake

Have you seen that Philly Cooking Creme at the grocery store? I've been eyeing it and pondering whether or not to purchase a tub of it. Then one week, low and behold it was on sale, plus a coupon made it less than a dollar. Sold! There are a few different flavors, and after hemming and hawing for a while I settled on the Savory Garlic.

Of course then I wondered what in the world I was going to make with it. The recipes on the tub didn't strike my fancy. Neither did anything on the Philly cream cheese website. So I just winged it.


Here is what I threw together:

1 box tube pasta
6 c pasta sauce with meat and veggies already added(this was leftovers from the freezer)
half container of garlic cooking creme
2 c shredded mozzarella

Boil your pasta, per the package instructions. Stir together the pasta, sauce and cooking cream. Spread into a 9x13 pan. Top with cheese and cover with foil. Bake at 350 for 20 min, uncover and bake for another 15 min til cheese is browned and melty.

---------------------

The results? Well, they were tasty, but not any better or worse than any other baked pasta dish I've made or eaten in the past. It was good, but I see no reason to go out of my way to buy another tub of the stuff. I wasn't able to think of another use for the other half of the cooking creme before it went bad and I had to pitch it. I give the cooking creme a hearty meh.

Has anyone else tried the stuff? What was your experience with the cooking creme?

1 comment:

  1. I have eyed it and I thought "what's the big deal" about this stuff. Couldn't I use regular cream cheese for a fraction of the price? Haven't tried it yet but will soon. Your dish does look delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!