Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Peanut Butter Quick Bread

Look at my delicate flower of a child. Look at how she is attempting to cram an entire slice of peanut butter bread into her wee little mouth. Well, I can't really blame her. The bread was just THAT good. This creation from Eat, Live, Run really does taste like a slightly less sweet peanut butter cookie in bread form. I didn't even know that was possible! It's like a quick bread miracle!I was very happy at how nicely the bread rose. The loaf came out of the oven with a beautifully rounded top. This rarely happens with any type of bread for me, especially not with quick bread.

The inside of the bread very soft and quite crumbly. This is both good and bad. The crumbly nature of the bread is similar to the crumbly nature of my favorite kind of peanut butter cookie. This is a very good thing. Sadly, this bread is so crumbly, it makes it quite hard to spread Nutella on. And that my friends, is a very very bad thing. I guess I'll just have to eat my Nutella off the spoon!

Peanut Butter Sandwich Bread from Eat, Live, Run makes 1 loaf
3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups milk
2 cups flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 T baking powder

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan well. Cream together the peanut butter and sugar until well combined. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
With the mixer running on low, slowly alternate between adding the milk and the dry ingredients. Mix until smooth. Pour batter into greased loaf pan and bake for one hour. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before turning out on a wire rack and cooling completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!