Sunday, November 13, 2011

'11 Happy Dance #32 : Shower gift

One of the women who leads the music at church is having a baby this winter. It's a pretty big deal as they had been trying for a long time. Her shower was being held for her at the church. I opted not to go as I have Slimer from Ghostbusters oozing out my nasal cavities. (I figured giving her this cold would NOT a good shower gift make.)

When I heard she was having a boy I instantly knew I wanted to make her some pee pee teepees. I did a search on the internet and found this tutorial for Pee pee teepees over at Saturday Mornings. Man were they easy and fun to make.
In case you can't figure out what they are, it's what you use to ensure that you don't peed on while changing the baby's diaper.

Only having a girl, and therefore not needing said apparati (apparatuses?), I wasn't sure how many to make. I settled on five because I found five fabrics I thought went well together.

I lined the tinkle tents with some scraps of sweatshirt material given to me by my best friend when she was clearing out her sewing room.  I didn't have a clue what I was going to use them for when I took them off her hands, but I knew I was going to find a neat use for them eventually.  After much thought I stitched them up fuzzy side out. When you wear a sweatshirt, the fuzzy side is next to your skin, so it just made sense to me to do the same thing for these little urine yurts.

Making these little wee wee wigwams just made me smile and giggle.  There is something cute and whimsical about them.  Then Blockette saw them when she came home from school, whipped one off the table and plunked it on her head.  She exclaimed, "Cool mom! What are all these neat little hats for!?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!