Saturday, November 19, 2011

'11 Happy Dance #33: More Magnet Gifts

My husband's best friend turned 30 this year.  We don't normally give birthday gifts to grown ups, but Mrblocko thought we should make an exception as this is a special occasion/milestone birthday.  Gift cards were suggested as a good present, but that seemed a bit impersonal to me.

Mrblocko and I were stumped.  We couldn't think of anything.  I got a hold of my best friend to see if she could think of any suggestions.  She did a bit of sleuthing on Facebook and found out that the birthday girl liked a certain computer game and Star Wars.  That didn't help me at all.  Later that night my best friend gave me a call with a brilliant idea. Star Wars Magnets!  Lego Star Wars magnets.  Cause really, who can't use more magnets?  And doesn't everyone love Legos mini figures?

Here is a horrible close up of some of the magnets.  They look much better in person.  The flash on the glass didn't do the finished product any favors.
I made several other magnets: Captain Rex, Luminara Unduil, Chewie, R2D2, Obi Wan, Jar Jar, and Watto.  There was a Han Solo too, but he had an unfortunate accident.  Let's just say he's stuck in carbonite and we'll leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!