Sunday, November 6, 2011

Curly Girly

Last Friday Blockette and I had a girls day. She had the day off and Mrblocko went out with his friends. We filled the day with girly spa frivolities for Blockette. (I painted her nails, we made lip gloss, she had a bubble bath, etc etc.)

A while back I had seen this hairstyle online where you twist the hair into little tiny buns all around the hairline. You go to bed with the buns and in the morning when you take them down, you have nice bouncy curls. I wish I could remember where I saw this so I could link it up here. Usually I'm pretty good at bookmarking things. I guess not this time though.

Since I didn't have my reference link, I couldn't quite remember exactly what they had done.  I tried to make little buns, but I couldn't get the hair binders to stay in.  So I improvised.  I twisted the hair strands together much like I did for this style, only just not in a french braid. 

This is what we got in the morning:

Yes, those are glow stick necklaces twisted together to make a princess crown.  What else are you supposed to do with them?  Wear them as necklaces?  How dare you suggest such a thing.

I learned a few things from this whole experience:
1.) I should never take pictures in the computer room.  Bleck.  The light is so weird in here that the photos always turn out so grainy.

2.) Don't be afraid to tie the twisted hair close to the head.  I didn't do that with the one on her right side closest to her face and it didn't turn out as well as the rest of her hair.

3.) This is a great way to get curls for your curl loving girl who is scared to death of the curling iron.

One final thing, I put mousse in Blockette's hair while it was wet, and then let her hair air dry until it was damp.  I know the curl would not have stayed at all had I not applied mousse.  Also, if the hair is too wet when you twist it, it won't be dry by morning.  If the hair is still not dry by the time you let it down the curl won't stay either.

1 comment:

  1. My mother used to do something similar to my hair when I was little. She'd twist sections of hair until they wound up tight all the way to my scalp, then she'd bobby-pin them down and let them dry.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!