Sunday, November 20, 2011

Just 'Cuz (PB White Chocolate Oatmeal ) Cookies

I'm still not 100% from my bout with the Victorian sounding affliction, Pleurisy. My best friend pointed out with all those ancient funky sounding ailments, they take forever and a day to recover from, and at least back then you got to recover sea side.  Where is my sea side recovery?  Huh?  And shouldn't it also include something brass-y and steampunkish? 

Yeah.  I don't wanna hear about how I'd be better already if I just listened to the Dr and didn't over do it.  It's boring feeling like poo.  And there are lots of things that need to get done around here.

So I was sitting around feeling bored and tired and tired of being bored and tired, when I got bit by the baking bug.  Baking isn't strenuous, at least it isn't if you only make one batch of cookies. Now I have cookie dough all rolled into balls, sitting in my freezer.  I very well could have just popped those bad boys into the oven.  But I actually wanted to make something, not just pop something in the oven.

Besides, these white chocolate peanut butter oatmeal cookies from How Sweet it is were begging to be made.  BEGGING I tells ya!
Thanks to Betty, my nifty swanky stand mixer, and Blockette, the cookie making was a breeze. Blockette even did her reading homework while the cookies were baking. Talk about multitasking!

These cookies are crack for people.  They really hit the spot: culinarily, creatively, emotionally and in my belly.  I may have even discovered the cure for Pleurisy.  Someone should call the Mayo Clinic and then alert those Nobel Prize fellows.  I'll be waiting by the phone.


White Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies from How Sweet it is
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup of old fashioned rolled oats
1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted and cooled
6 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter, melted and cooled
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg + 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup white chocolate morsels/chunks
1/2 cup peanut butter morsels

Preheat oven to 325F. ( I had to bump my oven up to 350F because they weren't baking fast enough.) Add butter and peanut butter to a microwave safe bowl, and heat in 30 second increments until melted. Let cool completely.

Mix flour, oats, salt and baking soda in a bowl and set aside. In another bowl, mix cooled butter/peanut butter and sugars til combined. Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla. Stir til mixed. Gradually add dry ingredients and mix until a dough forms. You may need your hands to bring it all together. (My stand mixer did just fine on the lowest speed.) If necessary, add 1-2 teaspoons of milk. Fold in white chocolate and peanut butter chips.

Shape dough into a ball the size of a golfball. (I used my small cookie scoop because I wanted more smaller cookies vs. a few large cookies.) Place on a baking sheet two inches apart and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are slightly brown. The centers should be soft and slightly puffy. Do not over bake.

2 comments:

  1. wow yours turned out perfect. Thank god for jessicas blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Isn't the How sweet it is blog the greatest? Thanks for stopping by to visit today. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!