Friday, November 4, 2011

Easy Focaccia Bread Update

About two years ago I made this Blitz bread.  In my post I mentioned how I was going to cook this bread in two 8" cake pans and freeze one.  Now that I have a bit more cooking experience under my belt, the idea of freezing cooked focaccia sounds gross.  So instead, I just halved the recipe.  I know!  Genius, right?

So here is what you need to do to make a more manageable quick and easy focaccia for a small family.

Half Blitz Bread Recipe adapted from Mel's Kitchen Cafe
3/4 c warm water
1 1/2 T olive oil, plus more for drizzling
1/2 plus 1/8 t salt
1 3/4 c flour
1/2 T yeast
1/4 t garlic powder
1 1/2 t Italian herb blend, plus more for sprinkling

Oil a 9x9, 8x8, 8" or 9" cake pan or casserole dish. Combine all the ingredients with a wooden spoon. Place in your prepared pan. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place for an hour to rise. Uncover and drizzle with oil. Poke dimples into the dough with your fingers. Sprinkle additional herbs on top. Bake in a preheated oven at 375F for 25-35 minutes until browned on top. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes before turning out of pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!