Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Pesto Chicken Soup

Just a quick little post today with no photos. I wanted to share this recipe concept of pesto chicken soup from the Naptime Chef. It uses pesto as a flavoring base for chicken noodle soup.

I've followed the recipe exactly and also made my own version just using the pesto as a seasoning base and just tossed in whatever leftover meat and veggies I had on hand/needed to be used up. The flavor the pesto adds to the soup is just awesome. One big spoonful from the jar into the soup pot and you don't need any other herbs or spices. No measuring, chopping or sitting around thinking, "What else does this soup need." To me, this is a huge timesaver with a big flavor reward. Double thumbs up from the Blocko Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!