Tuesday, March 15, 2011

'11 Happy Dance #3 and #4: X-Stitch Silhouettes

Well, don't call it a come back. Finally I'm making some crafty progress. Can I get a woot woot?

I found this little lady on someone's flickr account and I thought, I could stitch that baby up. So I probably violated 12 thousand copyright laws and stitched up the design from the picture.She is an itty bitty thing at only 3.5 x 2.25 inches. I had to stitch her in hand because I don't own a hoop that small. I hate stitching in hand, but this project was quick enough that I didn't mind overly much.

The fabric is a scrap of hand dyed 14 count linen, one of my last bits of fancy fabrics. I used to have a ton of fabric scraps once upon a time. Since I don't stitch on huge projects at the insane rate I used to before Blockette was born, there is no excuse to buy funky fabrics, and therefore no leftover scraps to use on tiny projects like this.

It seems like these days, when I cross stitch, all I do anymore are these tiny projects. Maybe I should start buying large pieces of cool fabric to portion off for using in a million tiny projects like this...or maybe I should just lay down until that thought passes.
This second design is a freebie from La Chatelaine Designs called "Time for Tea with Max and Me." I looked, but I don't think the freebie is available online anymore.

For those of you that are into Cross stitch, the fabric is 18 count oatmeal Aida. Incidentally, it's a scrap from the same fabric I used for the Cow I made for my mom this Christmas. The dimensions are around 3.5 x 4.5 inches.

I have no idea why I am on this silhouette cross stitch jag, or what I'm gonna do with them now that I've stitched them up. I'll figure something out eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a little comment. Comments are like candy. Tasty tasty validating candy!